This is a copy of the presentation that was given in Owl class to help prepare parents for supporting their children during the SATS period.
It is taken from the twinkl website
The most important advice can be summarised in these few steps:
- First and foremost, support and reassure your child that there is nothing to worry about and that they should always just try their best. Praise and encourage!
- Ensure your child has the best possible attendance at school.
- Support your child with any homework tasks.
- Reading, spelling and arithmetic (e.g. times tables) are always good to practise.
- Talk to your child about what they have learnt at school and what book(s) they are reading (the character, the plot, their opinion).
- Make sure your child has a good sleep and healthy breakfast every morning!