This is the page for news from the Junior Road Safety Officers
This bright picture won our Junior Road Safety Officer competition – well done to everyone who took part!
Mrs Parr talked to children from Y1 to Y6 about how they kept safe and how they felt in school and at home. Please read their responses.
Our JRSOs set a challenge for the children to complete a checklist when they are out on the road. A really positive JRSO competition with plenty of entries – and prizes.
Congratulations to the winner of the JRSO Competition – and prizes awarded to all of the entrants! We were impressed to receive over 20 entries – and great to see how involved the children are in Keeping Safe on the Road!
The JRSO’s have decided to highlight issues by including a catchy and helpful message for the newsletter:
Where there is a pavement, use it!
At our meeting on 29 March 2017, we discussed our next project:
The JRSO are looking forward to monitoring the speed of traffic through Barningham next half term. The Council will be working with the Speed Awareness Team from the Parish Council.
We met on 18th October 2016.
- One Y6 pupil suggested that we need people to watch children cross the road at the start and end of the day.
- Community support officer to help monitor speed through the village
- Parking at the start of the day
- Signs outside the school to ask people to slow down – competition to design a poster, 3 KS2 pupils to speak to Mrs Parr
- Assembly on Thursday 10th November 2016 to talk to the children to walk home safely